About the Foundation
The KASNEB Foundation is a registered Charitable Trust under the Trustees (Perpetual Succession) Act Cap 164 of the laws of Kenya. The Foundation was registered on 13 September 2019 and its operations officially launched on Friday, 24 July 2020. The KASNEB Foundation was established by kasneb to support needy students pursue kasneb qualifications to become business professionals.
The objects and purpose of the KASNEB Foundation:
- To hold money and assets in trust and to utilize the same for purposes of issuing bursaries and loans to needy students to enable them to pursue the qualifications of kasneb.
- To administer a loan fund in partnership with reputable lending institutions, financial institutions or any such other authorised body, to provide loans to needy students who wish to obtain the qualifications of KASNEB.
- To invest in the community as a way of giving back to the society.
Notice to Stakeholders
The KASNEB Foundation in partnership with the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is offering Loans and Bursaries to needy existing/potential kasneb students for the calendar year 2023. To apply, use the link: https://studentportal.helb.co.ke/auth/signin
Please note the following:
- The application portal was opened from 30 September 2022 and will be closed on 30 November 2022.
- The application link is accessible through the HELB student portal on www.helb.co.ke.
- New and current kasneb students are eligible for the loans and bursaries.
- New students and students transiting from Certificate level to Diploma level or from Diploma level to Professional qualifications level should use their national identification numbers in place of kasneb registration number.
- The applications will run once annually. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to apply for loans sufficient to cover one full year’s examination sittings and not one semester.
- Applicants should ensure they attach a completed kasneb student application form on the loan application form among other attachments listed on the last page of the application form. The kasneb student application form is accessible from the kasneb website.
- For queries relating to application of loans and bursaries visit any Huduma centre near you with a HELB desk or a kasneb desk or write to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also seek assistance ONLY from HELB, KASNEB Foundation or kasneb members of staff.
Kasneb Foundation Brochure
KASNEB Foundation is a Charitable Trust registered in Kenya under the Trustees (Perpetual Succession) Cap 164. It was established on 13 September 2019 and officially launched on the 24 July 2020.
PDF Size: 2.0 MB
KASNEB Foundation Programme booklet
The KASNEB Foundation played host to the first ever group of young Kenyan beneficiaries from its bursary and loans support programmes.
PDF Size: 2.8 MB
Foundation marks third year
The KASNEB Foundation is celebrating its third anniversary since its inception in 2019. This milestone marks the Foundation’s initial developmental steps as an institution set up to, among others, enhance inclusivity and equity by providing financial assistance through a revolving financing scheme to needy students who wish to pursue kasneb qualifications, and mentor, coach and empower beneficiaries More details
kasneb foundation opens second round of applications
The KASNEB Foundation is governed by the Board of Trustees. The day to day operations are managed by the Trust Secretary and the Manager, KASNEB Foundation.
The KASNEB Foundation programmes take cognisance of:
- International goals such as the Sustainable development goals which is a global blueprint to attain an improved and sustainable future by seeking to address poverty and inequality among other issues. In particular, goal 4 “to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong opportunities for all”; Goal 10 by according equal opportunity to KASNEB Foundation applicants, with special focus on orphans, Persons with Disability and applicants from marginalised areas to ensure inclusivity and Goal 17 by strengthening partnerships.
- Regional goals such as Africa’s Agenda 2063 which promotes inclusive and sustainable development. In particular, goal 2 “well educated and empowered citizens and skills revolution underpinned by science, technology and innovation” and goal number 18 “engaged and empowered youth and children.
- The national goals such as the Kenya Vision 2030 which focuses on making Kenya globally competitive. In particular, the social pillar that recognizes quality education as key in enhancing competitiveness.
The main programme implemented by the KASNEB Foundation is the issuance of loans and bursaries to needy students pursuing kasneb qualifications. The Foundation targets applicants from all the forty-seven (47) Counties. Students from a poor background, orphaned, Persons With Disability and from marginalized areas struggling financially to meet the cost of studies are eligible for the programme.
List of Partners of the KASNEB Foundation
a) Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
b) The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
c) The Institute of Certified Secretaries (ICS)
d) The Institute of Certified Investment and Financial Analyst (ICIFA)
e) Training institutions:
- Century Park college
- Bartek Institute – Eldama Ravine
- Siaya Institute of technology
- Nishkam Saint Puraj Siegh Institute
- Comboni Polytechnic
Achievers College of Professionals -Embu
- KCA University
- Shamberere Technical Training Institute
- Friends College Kaimosi
- Embu College
- Strathmore University
Dominion Training Institute
- Star College of Management
- Nyeri National Polytechnic
- East African Institute of Certified Studies
- Rware College of Accounts
- Maseno University
- Kenya Technical Trainers College
- Kaiboi Technical Training Institute
- Bishop Hannington Institute
- Butere Technical and Vocational College
- Bartek Institute – Kabarnet
- Royal Business School
- Thika Technical Training Institute
- Vision Institute of Business Studies -Mombasa
- Vision Institute of Professionals
- Nairobi Institute of Business Studies
- Taita Taveta University
- Oshwal College- Nairobi
- Maasai Mara Technical and Vocational College
- Michuki Technical and Training Institute
- Coast Institute of Technology
- Wote Technical and Training Institute
- Kabarak University
- University of Embu
- University of East Africa -Baraton
- Multi Media University
- Bomet College of Accounts
Frequently Asked Questions
kasneb loan is different from HELB loan hence if a student is to apply for both he/she should do that separately.
An average amount will be derived. It entirely depends on the student preference. If they choose to go to an institution that has a higher fee then that attracts a higher amount of loan.
A needy student is a student from a poor background, orphaned and/or struggling financially to meet the study cost. PWDs and students from marginalized areas will also be considered. HELB has a mandate to do a background check on students before issuing them loans/bursaries.
The loan covers the following:
- Tuition fees to be paid directly to the student’s preferred accredited training institutions offering kasneb qualification such as public and private universities, tertiary education institutions and the Kenya School of Government campuses.
- Fees payable to kasneb including registration fees, examination booking fees and annual registration renewal fees. Exemption fees for kasneb students transiting from Certificate/Technician.
Yes, the interest rate for the loan is the same for all qualifications. However, the loan amount varies from student to student due to the varying cost of tuition fees by different institutions. The interest rate will be computed based on the loan amount allocated to a beneficiary.
Yes, kasneb certificate qualifications also qualify for the loan and bursary.
No, only fully accredited institutions will qualify for this fund reason being they are entitled to five (5) years accreditation compared to the 18 months for the interim accreditation hence a student can start and finish his/her studies within the 5 years.
The repayment period depends on the amount of loan a student has taken can take on average 2 years.
All loan beneficiaries are entitled to repay their loan back. HELB will facilitate loan recovery.
The first disbursement of loans and bursaries will be in respect to the January 2021 intake. The call for applications will be publicised.
Location and Contact Details
KASNEB Foundation Office is located at kasneb Towers I upper 4 th floor.
kasneb Towers, Hospital Road, Upper Hill,
O. Box 41362-00100 Nairobi, Kenya.
Telephone: +254 020 4923000
Cellphone: +254 722201214 / +254 734600624
Funds can be donated to the KASNEB Foundation through:
KASNEB Foundation PayBill number 4074637
KASNEB Foundation bank details:
KCB Bank Ltd.
Account Name: KASNEB Foundation
Account No: 1279381418
Branch: Capital Hill
Loans/bursaries disbursement process
- The loans/bursaries application window is opened and publicised through various media.
- Students complete application form which will be availed through the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) portal accessible through the helb.co.ke and www.kasneb.or.ke.
- Application window is closed.
- Applications are processed.
- Successful applicants are awarded and notified of the award.
- Funds are transferred to the respective institutions selected by applicants.
The application for KASNEB Foundation loans and bursaries will be remain open from Friday, 30 September 2022. Students can apply for loans and bursaries by following the link below: